Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Paternoster




This is Violet. Yesterday we went to a beach with our new friends called Paternoster. It was so much fun! We stopped at a store on the way called Spar which was like a small grocery store and got food. Then we drove past a town on the ocean that reminded me of Moclips where I go with my grandparents. Then we had to drive down a dirt rode and open a bunch of gates. We even saw an owl! When we got to the beach my friend Noah got a baby starfish. It was on his hand and sucked his thumb. We also saw a dead seal on the beach. It was gross! The funnest part was sand sledding.
 
We went to the top of a big sand dune and sledded down it on sleds! We also walked on the big rocks. I saw a pretty sunset, too. Me and Dayle slept upstairs in our own room with the oil lamps on.

We played a lot of Old Maid, which is a card game I learned how to play on this trip. Noah also found a hurt bird that he brought it to the house. It was black (my dad says it’s called a Cormorant) and they put it in a box in the garage to get better. When we see them again I will ask if it is still alive or not. Then in the afternoon we got back in our mini-van (they call it a Combi) and drove away to Cape Town to stay the night because we are flying to Swaziland. In fact, I am writing this on the plane! I also got a new Zebra animal at the airport. I think I am going to name it ZeeBEE the Zebra. Ok that is enough. I’m having a great time talking to you! Bye.

--Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment