Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sunday in Citrusdal



Dayle here. This morning we went to church. Wow! It was a lot more different1 at the beginning we were dancing for 45 minutes! It was really different and fun.it was a 2 hours long. The pastor had to talk in English for us. In the 1650s the Dutch people came to Africa and brought their language, Afrikaans. I learned how to count 5 in Afrikaans: Een,tweea,d’ree, fee , fife Isn’t that awesome!

At this moment we are driving to Paternoster beach which is on the western cape with my family, Sid, Ruby and Noah, Dave and Jennie. We are driving from Hebron so the drive is about an hour and a half.

The other day I saw something really gross………..Lamb heads! There was a lady selling them and they were all spread out on a table and there were a ton of flies. ewwwww!!! Apparently thay are a real delicacy in Africa. My dad bought two much more than I thought all for $4.00!!! They were for Frances and Portia who both work at the Cresh(preschool). They kept on thanking him!!

Finally, I loved Hebron much and I am looking forward to more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment